Your first consultation will consist of an in depth review of your intake forms that you completed online, medical history, symptoms, medications, nutritional status, and any previous lab treatments, diagnostic tests. We will discuss what are your goals and your needs. The first appointment is generally longer. It is a time for you to explain what is important to you and will last approximately an hour due to the nature of the visit.
(Digestion, Absorption and Mucosal Integrity)
- SIBO (Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth)
- Gluten Related Disorders
- Leaky Gut
IBD (Irritable Bowel Disease)
GERD(Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease)
- Autoimmunity and the Gut
- Advanced FDM Testing
- Stool Pathogens
The American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association (AARDA) states that there are over 100 autoimmune diseases with approximately 75% of those affecting women and are among the top 10 leading causes of death in women. One in every five Americans has an autoimmune disease and 50 million Americans have one or more autoimmune diseases. They are usually chronic and can cause major organ damage and can even be life-threatening.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Thyroid Disorders/Imbalances
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Crohn’s Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- And Many More
Herbal Remedies / Supplements
Many of the reasons why our society has become so unhealthy, sick and disease stricken is because we have strayed away from looking to nature for natural therapies and employing herbs. There are many chemicals found within the plant kingdom that produce therapeutic actions inside our bodies. The study of these chemicals is called phytochemistry and has been used over centuries and in many countries. Your alarm system in the form of symptoms is your body’s way of telling you that it’s out of balance.
Herbs and holistic therapies can help you improve your health.
They are less expensive than most pharmaceuticals, significantly safer and contain hundreds of compounds that work together to address a wide range of health conditions. Combined with a healthy lifestyle and diet, herbs can improve your situation and help you to overcome distinct health issues. Your pathway to wellness will include educating and empowering yourself with the plant world and your own body. Below are just a few choices.
- Adaptogen – Helps your body adapt to stress.
- Antimicrobial – Kills germs, viruses, bacteria and fungi.
- Mood Tonics, Nervines – Elicit the relaxing response and can aid in a calming effect through the central nervous system without sedation. These herbs nourish and strengthen the nervous adrenal system.
- Bitters – Assists with sluggish digestion and elimination, constipation, indigestion, poor nutrient absorption.
- Demulcent – Forms a mucus like protective coating on mucosal tissues that soothe and promote healing when the gut lining is irritated and inflamed. Can work on the respiratory and urinary tracts as well.
- Alterative – Improves the body’s detoxification of the blood, liver, lymphatic, kidneys and intestines. Purifies the blood and removes metabolic waste.
- Immune Modulators – Balance and strengthen the immune system.
- Expectorant – Thin and move mucus to eliminate.
- Nootropic – Smart herbs that improve brain function, memory and intelligence.
Our Partners & Suppliers
Are you ready to begin living again?
At Rapha Health and Wellness, our approach to your care follows a holistic and functional pathway addressing the root cause and imbalances within the body rather than just focusing on symptoms. Contact us to begin your journey on a pathway to wellness.